University of Barcelona (Department: OPIR- International Research Projects office) has opened the recruitment of 1 (one) position – Postdoctoral position in carbon cycling in coastal ecosystems, in the scope of RESTORE4Cs – “Modelling RESTORation of wEtlands for Carbon pathways, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, ecosystem services, and biodiversity, Co-benefits”, (Grant Agreement 101056782), funded by the European Commission, Call HORIZON-CL5-2021-D1-01.
The postdoctoral will be responsible for measuring carbon cycling in coastal ecosystems across Europe. He/she will coordinate and participate in field sampling in several countries, conduct laboratory analyses, process and analyse data generated in the project, and disseminate science.
Gross salary per year: 34.800 €
- Research Field: Environmental science
- Education Level: PhD or equivalent
- Skills/Qualifications: PhD in Environmental Sciences, Ecology Geosciences or related fields
- Specific Requirements: High level of English language | Statistical, coding and data analysis skills (R, Matlab) |Driver’s licence | Recommendation letter/s
- Languages: English
- Level: Excellent
- Years of Experience: 4 -10
- Adequacy of the CV (max.50) – Specialty doctorate (min.30), generic doctorate (min.10)
- Letter of motivation (max. 20)
- Experience in the field (max. 30)
Minimum score to pass the selection process: 75 points.
Analysis of CVs + Interview of shortlisted candidates
Duration of the contract of employment: 12 months, renewable up to 31/12/2025.
The candidate proposed for hiring must accept the job offer within 5 working days from the date of notification of the
Priority will be given to people with disabilities (Law 89/2015 of June 2, reserve of quota 2% in favour of people with
disabilities in companies of 50 or more people).
Be aware that the starting date sets in this offer is an estimate date. The official starting date will depend on the
bureaucratic time that will take the preparation of the labour contract and presentation of the necessary documents to be hired by the selected candidate.
For additional information regards this offer, please, contact Dr. Daniel von Schiller: email@example.com
Deadline: 23:59 (CET) of 27 November 2023
Offer Starting Date: 15 January 2024